Electro-mechanical power split PTO transmission
Electro-mechanical power-split transmissions as modular system for mobile machines and equipment
Copyright: © MSE
In agricultural machinery, continuously variable transmissions have established themselves as traction drives due to their potential for minimizing fuel consumption and the good controllability of the drive train. In order to be able to control the entire working process in a process and efficiency-optimised manner, a continuously variable drive of the attachment is also required. Electro-mechanical power-split transmissions are particularly suitable for this purpose, as they can provide electrical power in addition to a continuously variable mechanical drive.
The aim of the research project was the development of a modular system for electrical-mechanical power split transmissions for mobile machines and equipment and the demonstration of the technical feasibility of this technology.
- Development of a design methodology for electrical-mechanical power split transmissions
- Synthesis of a modular system to minimize development costs
- Design and manufacture of a demonstrator
- Calibration of the demonstrator and performance of efficiency tests on the test bench
- Validation of the savings potential within the scope of field measurements
Read more in the final report
Research and project partners
- Agricultural Systems and Technologies (AST) of TU Dresden
- Müthing GmbH & Co. KG
- Pulsgetriebe GmbH & Co. KG
Federal Minestry of Education and Research