Plain Bearing Wear Limits II
Application limits for hydrodynamic, radial plain bearings as a result of wearCopyright: © MSE
The lack of calculation methods for wear-prone, hydrodynamic plain bearings during operation in the area of mixed friction means that the field of application for plain bearings is not fully exploited. Calculation of the minimum sliding speed, for example according to DIN 31652, provides a conservative result for an operation in pure hydrodynamics. Although research results, inter alia from the predecessor project, revealed that safe operation is possible even in the area of mixed friction.
The objective of this project is to optimize the characteristic value equations for calculating wear erosion and predicting wear life that were developed in the predecessor project and to extend their scope to further materials and lubricants.
- Determination of the wear behavior of different material combinations
- Definition of running-in and long-term wear
- Identification of safe operating conditions in the area of mixed friction
- Determination of the prediction quality of condition monitoring systems
Research and project partners
- Institute of Machine Design, Otto-von-Guericke University, Magdeburg
The Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate ActionCopyright: © AIF
Federation of Industrial Cooperative Research Associations, AiF for short
Research Association for Drive Technology, FVA for short