PLM & VPE
Model-based system development, MBSE for short, in a PLM context
End-to-end modeling and analysis are of central importance within the development process when implementing PLM strategies. Requirements, system structures, and system behavior are formalized, modeled, and combined into a descriptive system model. Such a system model enables continuous assurance of system properties and provides system developers an evaluation and decision-making basis for mastering the prevalent agile and iterative development processes. The PLM & VPE department develops and researches product-specific system models. We also develop the associated control and optimization strategies, id est processes and workflows, under the MBSE approach.
We additionally research targeted methods for the efficient use of existing data and their structures within companies. This includes for instance the modeling of design knowledge, the implementation of knowledge databases, and the use of PLM tools in the context of Industry 4.0.
- Model based system engineering, MBSE
- Product life cycle management, PLM
- Virtual product engineering, VPE
- Knowledge based engineering, KBE
Ongoing research projects:
- E²F, Design and Development of Changeable Folders
- The "Integrative Production Technology for High-Wage Countries" center of excellence
Completed research projects