The CAD exercises will start as planned – yet online – on the 25.05.2020. Further information will be announced in time in the RWTHmoodle learning room. Students will be added to this room after group allocation (presumably on 30.04.2020).
Introduction into CADCopyright: MSE
This course imparts basic principles in the area of product data management and a selection of 3D-CAD technology functions. The course focuses on the modeling of different components and their assembly. After successfully completing the course, students will be able to model and assemble geometries in CAD and derive technical drawings from them. This includes gleaning first experiences in the field of virtual product development, which is one of the basic skills of modern engineering.
CAD-I, short for "CAD Introduction", is a compulsory course for students majoring in mechanical engineering under the bachelor degree in mechanical and industrial engineering. CAD-I can alternatively be chosen as a non-technical elective subject or as a specialization subject for international students.
- All information and documents concerning the course and exam will be communicated and provided via the RWTHmoodle CAD-I study portal for the respective semester.
- The course takes place in the summer semester. Registration via RWTH-Online is mandatory.
- We offer you the opportunity to participate in a tutor-group. Further information will be provided in the practical exercises.
- Modeling milled parts
- Modeling turned parts
- Modeling cast parts
- Creation of drawings: fundamentals
- Creation of drawings: production drawings
This course is conducted using Siemens NX.
Vajna, A.; Wünsch, A.: NX 10 für Einsteiger – kurz und Bündig. (NX 10 for Beginners – Concise and Succinct) Springer Vieweg Verlag. Wiesbaden.
Vajna, A.; Wünsch, A.: NX 10 für Fortgeschrittene – kurz und Bündig. (NX 10 for Advanced Users – Concise and Succinct) Springer Vieweg Verlag. Wiesbaden.