The lecture Dynamics and Energy Efficiency in Heavy-duty Drive Technology will start as planned - yet online - at the beginning of the semester on 9 April 2020. Please find more information in the course room via RWTHmoodle. (Updated 2.04.2020)
Dynamics and Energy Efficiency in Heavy-duty Drive TechnologyCopyright: MSE
The "Dynamics and Energy Efficiency in Heavy-duty Drive Technology" course provides an overview of the characteristics and special features of heavy-duty drives for off-highway applications. This includes a detailed presentation of the most important drivetrain components and drive concepts. Methods required for the analysis, synthesis, and design of drivetrains are also imparted. There is a special focus on efficiency and torsional vibration analysis, which are considered both theoretically and in practice as part of practical exercises.
The course is aimed at the following Mechanical Engineering Master degree programs:
- Development and Design Engineering
- Automotive Enginnering and Transport
- General Mechanical Engineering (technical-scientific module)
- Business Administration & Engineering: Mechanical Engineering
All further information can be found in theannouncement.
Examination takes the form of an oral exam at the end of the semester. The date is to be jointly agreed during the semester.
Please contact the responsible member of staff by email if you have any unanswered questions.
- Drivetrain components
- Synthesis and design of drivetrains
- Drivetrain efficiency – calculation and improvement
- Component design and reliability calculation
- Options for hybridizing mobile work machines
- Testing options and test procedures in heavy-duty drive technology