Model-based product development
- +49 241 80 27345
- Send Email
In the course Model-Based Product Development the question is answered, which influence a model-based development process and its technical and non-technical boundary conditions have on the development of products.
The focus is on the conflict area between company, product and market.
The aim of the course is to impart methods and tools to master today's and future challenges in product development.
The lecture imparts the theoretical basics of product development and thus forms the framework for a model-based product development process. Constantly evolving challenges within the development and design process change the approach in industrial practice. The lecture reflects these innovations, for example in the form of system modeling using the Cameo Systems Modeler as state of the art tool.
The practical relevance of the contents is also imparted by examples for the use of the methods and tools through guest lectures or presentations of institute projects in a lecture exercise.
In the subsequent practical exercise, students learn to apply the theoretical principles by using methods and tools in practical exercises.
Current dates and further information can be found in the RWTHonline and in RWTHmoodle.
The exam for the course is held in electronic form and has a duration of 120 minutes.
The following main topics are dealt with in the course Model-based product development:
- Current trends and challenges in product development
- Conventional and agile process models for product development
- Product planning and innovation
- Knowledge modelling in the development process
- Model-based systems engineering
- Product architecture
- Cost management
- Quality assurance
- Rationalization - Variant & configuration management
- Modular series
- Modular systems
- Legal protection
- Pahl, G.; Beitz, W.; Feldhusen, J.; Grote, K. H.: Konstruktionslehre, Grundlagen erfolgreicher Produktentwicklung, Methoden und Anwendung. (Design Theory, Principles of Successful Product Development, Methods, and Application.) 8th edition. Springer Verlag, 2013
- Ehrlenspiel, K.: Integrierte Produktentwicklung, Denkabläufe, Methodeneinsatz, Zusammenarbeit. (Integrated Product Development, Thought Processes, Application of Methods, Collaboration.) 4th edition. Hanser Verlag, 2009
- Feldhusen, J.; Gebhardt, B.: Product Lifecycle Management für die Praxis, Ein Leitfaden zur modularen Einführung, Umsetzung und Anwendung. (Product Lifecycle Management in Practice, A Guide to Modular Introduction, Implementation and Application.) Springer Verlag, 2008
- Specht, G.; Beckmann, C.; Amelingmeyer, J.: F- & E-Management, Kompetenz im Innovationsprozess. (R&D Management, Competence in the Innovation Process.) 2nd edition. Schäffer-Pöschel Verlag, 2002